Tuesday 22 March 2016

I trusted you from day one

I trusted you from day one, do not know why and how,
May be my destiny did it or may be a strong will of God did it so,
You said my love for you at first sight is silly and I said its true,
Yes, I ignored the consequences, calculations and justifications.
I confided you every bit of my soul, my past, my present,
Without any hesitation, even if you did not divulged yours,
As you should  know I am frank and honest, sincere and serious,
In offering my hand, surrendering my heart and fate at your feet.
However you smell a rat on everything and are still hesitant, suspicious
May be obvious for a woman but I should say you are extra cautious,
You are doubtful of the one who is never secretive, delusive,
The one who never wished, demanded anything adverse to your will,
Who always respected your whims, silently waited you with patience.

However, I assure you will never get a wrong man in me,
In Pradipta, you would see a selfless well wisher and a humble friend.
You will get love without expectation of a return and honesty in love,
That are in fact rarest of the rare pearl, in this egoistic busy for nothing globe,
And that is my gift for you, my dearest Pooja,
My respect and worship of you, your entity and your love.

Before you, I did not trust and love anyone since long,
Courtesy of a prideless, untrue femme fatale decades ago,
I truly do not know why I choose you as a healer of my lesion,
May be I am right or may be wrong, the truth is that the ball is now in your court,
Now you keep it or kick it, treat me or cheat me, I am undone.

3 comments:

  1. Honest confession of heart,words penned perfectly to picturise the romantic image of a lover's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baring of a genuine heart. Choosing to Believe and trust in what the heart feels... even at the risk of an unmendable heart. Very beautiful write, Pradipta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es un hermoso poema,thank you my dear.

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...