Tuesday 3 November 2015

THE RUN

Life is not just a catwalk for me,
Neither about slicing butter with a sharp knife,
Nor is a bed of roses for comfort,
Rather it is a series of hurdles and obstacles, 
And it is about  sweating and bleeding,
Shouldering huge stones of responsibilities,
Struggling to come out successful to the expectations,
Of those who depend,rely, trust on me.

I am running and crossing milestones after milestones,
Ceaselessly thinking that the coming one is the last one,
After which I will have the privilege to take rest,
Relax, enjoy my days and eat the fruit of my sweat,
But stunningly I see there is one more ahead,
Willingly or against my mind, my old-ageing body,
I required to cross past that too. 

I feel exhausted a bit running on the same track,
Tired and shaken in to some extent chasing the goals,
The body not cooperating and responding to mind as earlier,
But I will never pause or stop anywhere and leave the race,
Because I do not like to be beaten and I am a positive man,
I will never  lie low near the responsibilities I think God bestowed me.

I know one day I will cease to run any more,
The day my death will have the last laugh,
And some roads will still  remain uncovered,
Some pillars, goals will be left unachieved,
But not the death,  I will feel proud,
That I have the job done as per my capabilities,
And to my satisfactions, within my limitations.



4 comments:

  1. Em verse, filled with excessive excellence to Gladden is via this type of poetry reading, quite amazing potential-laden poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me! Very inspiring, comforting, and healing write. We do our best with what we have, and we've got to be okay with that. I love this poem.

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...