Saturday 30 April 2016

THE UNSEASONAL RAIN

The summer was in its pick and so were the temperature and the heat,
The sun was spewing fire and drying up everything on the earth.
It was difficult to venture out in the day time, a bit solace in the night,
Hence all and sundry waits impatiently for the dusk to step in early.

My life too was passing through a long stretch of dry and sour time,
The flavor of love and pleasure were wiped away from my memory,
And dare not to appear even in dreams, as they dissolved in the history of far past,
Paving and leaving room only for thirst, sting, squirm, sigh and cry.

Meanwhile a powerful and merciful cloud appeared one morning,
With attractive and lucrative gift of cold wind, hailstone and a lot of rain in it.
The sun preferred to stay secured in its night hideout, behind the horizon,
Surrendering to the whim of the cloud, it admitted that it was not his day.

I awoke one morning and saw the strange face of you on my door,
With a flamboyant smile, bountiful youth and dreamful eyes you appeared.
Your sweet temptation, whispering and adoring words jolted my heart,
I sunk in your alluring dream, engrossed and replete the ecstasy of your love.

The rain was unseasonal, rootless hence a drifter and a momentary boon,
It fainted until the evening, succumbed and vanished in the sky gradually. 
However, Pradipta should not undermine or ignore its significance, contribution and effect,
Towards granting relief from hot and humid summer for the day and the following few. 

Though you too are cordial, adorable and delightful but I know you are ephemeral,
And will vanish from the sky of my life abruptly but certainly at the daybreak like that rain.
I will once again be among the same old wound, suffering, pain and strain,
So I want before I become loveless once more, whilst you are with me let my life, my days end. 



2 comments:

  1. So touching piece, it leaves a deep impacts into the heart of the readers ... greatly expressed dear Pradipta. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They truly hit my heart like a ton of bricks. Beautifully written and deeply felt!

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...