Thursday 21 July 2016

A TRIBUTE

On this occasion there was none waiting to receive  me in the station,
I took a taxi for my home unmindfully, dolefully without exhilaration.
I got into your room neither hesitantly nor fearfully as earlier,
Because I know to my ill-luck and agony you are absent this time there.
My eyes got attracted towards your garlanded portrait hung on the wall,
You were silent but speaking through your unblinking eyes and unmoved smile.

Your authoritative but soft and tender voice echoed in my ear,
To which I was accustomed, "Welcome home Dhuna, my beloved brother."
"Certainly my days are gone I am here no more in the act,
But I am still the king around here and you are my darling subject."

"Oh! No you are not gone, this is not true, a man of your stature can't  die,
You live at least until I am alive on this earth, with me, for me in my life's sky.
Yes I was, am and will always love to be your  much adored public,
Its my pleasure and privilege to be captivated and ruled in your love grip."
You never forced me to do anything but conquered and occupied my person,
And succeeded to be my Rama whereas I always struggled to be your Laxman.  
You had never roared and threatened me as an elder with your teeth of anger,
Rather you delivered the messages of your heart through your smiles or stare.
I never cared to take decisions regarding my academic-lines or preference of career,
Or even choosing a life-partner for myself, such was my trust on you as an well wisher.

You hold the responsibilities of my father, our household after his early death,
Then I was a small and helpless child but you never made me feel his dearth. 
You supervised and guided me in all my ways through my academics to secure a job, 
And gifted a satisfactory life, a humble life-partner no less than what I deserve.
Even after my marriage whenever I was to take a train from the station,
You accompanied me, lifting my luggage and never listened to my protestation.
"You still are a child to me, while I am here why should you be lifting in your tiny hands,"
In your words, your love for me, your greatness and a beautiful heart in you stands.
A lot of petty happenings but pretty memories haunt me when I am in sense,
My heart refuse to believe you demise, bleeds every now and then in your absence.

Now when I am penning your affections, actions, memories tears interrupts my sight,
For I know no words of appreciations, comparison can ever reach your height.
A wish comes to my mind, "If I ever born again to live on this earth I wish you be my elder,
Occupy me, rule me with the same intense love, or else I be not born again here," 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...