Wednesday 1 February 2017

THE TRAIN ACCIDENT 1

Shadows of innocent buds eagerly waiting to blossom,
But forcefully extirpated from branches, haunt my dreams.
Young men and women struggling to get out of the debris,
Wince their bloodstained faces and yowl before my eyes.

Writhing venerable elderly people and their screams,
Hammer my head and scratch violently my eardrums.
My days and nights become intolerably turbulent,
Ever since, I got the news of that train accident.

Even though I did not see the accident site,
Neither did I know the victims nor did I ever meet,
But it was an adequate cause of concern for me,
That they all trusted our rail transporting authority.

When I as a railway man step into a compartment,
To ensure their amenity, care their comfort,
I become their man and they my people,
Even though for a brief period, for a short travel.

That valuable emotional attachment, their humbleness,
Their respect, creates in my little heart a great oneness,
A loss to them and their family anywhere on the land,
Troubles me too much, makes me concerned.

I know my concern or I will do no good to them,
I cannot marginalize their loss, lessen their mayhem,
But I can pray for them, soothe their souls as their ally,
Being an insignificant member of the Indian railway family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...