Saturday 24 June 2017

THE MORNING SUN

Each morning when the Sun kisses the eastern horizon,
Its glow illuminates the minds of people with new expectations.

One more busy dawn begins for them in fast procession,
With execution of their plans and calculation of their pros and cons.

They gird themselves up to carry their lives one leap further,
Towards a shining day of growth, prosperity, success and pleasure.

Each morning, through my closed windows the assailant sunbeams villainously enter,
And wakes me, I don’t know for which animosity from my late-night slumber.

My lazy down begins with some social obligations in an unenthusiastic way,
As if, my life and I have nothing to do with the dawn and the approached day.

While carrying out my assignments, I writhe in pain and anguish,
But hide my feelings from my periphery with an artificial smile on my face.

Can you ever imagine how difficult it is to cheat oneself and live a dual life?
Have you ever spread a smile on your face when you cry inside to hide your strife?

I nourish this drama day after day; become habitual to it, like a swindler,
Live hellish of a life contrary to my honest and straightforward nature.

Do you know why I am not tired of this voyage in the darkness of grief?
Do you know why I continue to drag my life with my wrecked self?

A rope of trust on your graciousness ties me with the flow of my breath,
As I wait you in my flawless innocence balancing with the people of the earth.

I know when you would see and realize the depth of my blue,
The compassion in you will force you to get back to me in my rescue.

The sunbeams of this hope keeps injecting a current of energy in me,
To sustain this precarious situation and write this poetry for thee.

I wait for that morning when the golden beams would deliver your voice again,
And illuminate my life with a flame of excitement to live like humans.

2 comments:

  1. Voice of your innerself in a way of conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you poetess for your kind words

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...