Wednesday 23 August 2017

THE TEMPLE

I did not build a castle with sands,
That could drift with the tide. 
I did not see a dream,
That could break with the wakening.
My devotion is not a mere balderdash,
That can change with the circumstance.

I built a temple having four pillars,
Of respect, humbleness, honesty and care.
Secured the adytum with four walls,
 Of trust, perseverance, consistency and self-control.
I laid its roof with the concrete of patience,
Hoisted a flag atop, of sacrifice.
 Engraved the walls with the artistry of hundred verses,
I painted it with the colors of my deep diligence.
Then I installed you as its sovereign empress,
 Composed and sung prayers for your happiness.

Some day in some careless moment,
Due to some lapse or insensibility in my chant.
You vanished out of the sanctum sanctorum,
With a broken heart hearing my dictum.

But I did not dismantle the structure,
Deviated from devotion and discontinued my prayer,
As I trust that one day my prayer,
Will neutralize your anger.
You, that went away with your stubbornness,
Will forgive me and get back to me with your greatness.

1 comment:

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...