Tuesday 29 August 2017

VENTILATOR

I whisper my curiosity into your ear,
“How long you wish to keep me in this ventilator
Will I ever live normal life like others?
Or my days on the earth are over?”
You smilingly say, "Yes” every morning,
Assure me" You will live a normal life, I am trying."
A current of hope passes through my vein,
A message goes on repeating in my brain.
"She is my doctor, if she says I will be back,
It must be true, I trust her, I will be back."
I live the day compromising all my troubles and pains,
Sleep with a dream to see a shining morn.

The next morning, I wake up to see the green field,
The golden sunbeam, the birds fly over my head.
But, I find myself in the confinement of the same theatre.
With its opaque curtains and in the same ventilator.
You enter carrying a professional smile on your face,
Give the same dose of assurance looking into my face.

I protest, Oh no, not again, not again my ever trusted doctor,
Tell me the truth that only your heart knows of my future.
I am bored carrying this artificially bestowed life,
Lift up the ventilator and free me of my strife.
I will never blame you of my departure,
He who has come has to go; I know is the law of nature.

1 comment:

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...