Tuesday 3 April 2018

TREE


I
 I plant a tree,
On a fertile land,
Water it, care its progress,
Protect it from external disturbances.

I do not do so with an intention,
To inhale the aroma of its flower,
Do not aim to eat its fruit,
Not even to claim an ownership.

I wish to die with the satisfaction,
That I cause a tree to blossom,
 A flower to smile,
With my sincere touch.

I want to leave my signature,
On a colorful form of life.
I wish something on the earth,
That represents my breath.

 II
As your pal when I encourage you,
To grow successful in your life,
I too do not have any intention,
To receive any gift from you.

That gardener me and this pal me,
Do not change in these changed situations.  
In both the cases my soul,
Is free from expectation.

 III
 An actual tree might render,
Flowers and fruits to its gardener,
But I have a different notion,
About the human tree that one nourishes.

Maybe you are different and great,
But it is a proven bitter truth,
That human trees promptly forget,
To show gratefulness and admit a debt.

Rather if one expects an acknowledgement,
It disowns the man and detaches all connections.


1 comment:

  1. Whatever happened Pradipta?
    Gardener you?
    Your words cause my heart to grow, but I still sense an hidden undertow.

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...