Tuesday 25 October 2016

DIWALI IS COMING

Migrant students are boarding trains for their hometowns;
People are taking an interest in cleaning and whitewashing their homes.
Roadside shops are decorated for the coming Diwali,
People started buying sweets, fabrics, colorful festoons of paper,
Electric lights and fireworks for the joyful event.

  I can remember on the last Diwali
  We were away from each other physically
  But our hearts were clubbed together in one unit.
  Sparkler were twinkling outside the houses of both of us,
  As well as inside our hearts for each other.
  We shared our enjoyment through the cell phones,
  That made it the most jovial Diwali of my life.

  With the rights of affection, I uttered some wrong statements
  And my intense passion failed to overpower those few words.
  You did not give me opportunity to beg pardon and left,
  Leaving me to be sunken in the deep darkness of sorrow.
  Maybe that was my destiny or maybe I lack something in love,
  Anyway, many happy returns of a colorful and enjoyable Diwali to you.

 The way I had given flower-tributes at the feet of Maa Durga,
  Respecting your wishes this year as you can remember,
  Light an earthen lamp and do some fireworks for me this year.
  Please do not remember this dweller of distress,
  On the great occasion of your enjoyment and merrymaking.

 If the lamp of love still burning in your heart,
  Send some lights to me, I too will celebrate Diwali.
   
                                          Happy Diwali again to you, my sweetheart Pooja.




2 comments:

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...