Wednesday 22 April 2015

THE TATTOO

APURBA   ANANYA
I saw that in the back,                                                                                   
Of one of my friend,
A tattoo.
I took my glass and watched it from close,
 I was stunned to see that,
The sense of which I did not understand.
Two prints of foot of a child,
Covered by two names on each side,
Were there as I saw.
Of curiosity I asked him of that,
"Whose  names are they ?
And what symbolise these feet ?"
"They are the names of my kids,
 "But why they are there ?                                                                                 
You must bear them over your chest,
As they are undoubtedly most close to your heart."
"Besides living each day for them,
Doing all right things and wrong doings for them,
Surrendering to all their whims and fulfilling all their  demands,
One day when they would have their wings,
Become self dependant and able enough,
To live without my support,
And I would grow old and be dependant on them,
I know  they would walk away and desert me,
To fight my own struggle for survival,
Relying on God's grace and mercy of  the society,
Till I meet the inevitable end of my life."
He continued "Now  I am preparing mentally for that,
Hence this tattoo is justified and properly placed."
"True that you are sincere in your efforts,
In caring out the responsibilities towards them,
Who arrived on earth because of and depending on you.
It is your duty and you are doing cent per cent  perfect in it,
Thus going great as per the arrangements of God.
But you should never eye on the outcome and return,
And do not be so pessimistic as you are now,
For He is having his calculations,
Rely on Him, He will never do injustice with  you.

2 comments:

  1. Deeply moving write!!!! Wow! One of the things I enjoy about reading from you is never knowing what to expect.

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...