Sunday 22 January 2017

CHESS

                                                               In a battle of chess,
When I saw seizure of the moves of my Queen.
I did not want to remain in the game,
And witness departure of my Queen dear,
I couldn’t fight the battle without her either,
So I preferred to resign.

Simplicity of my sacrificial Pawns,
Piousness of my sharp Bishops,
Straightforward moves of Rooks,
Were of no use in helping my Queen,
Getting out of the clutch,
Of the opponent’s plan.

My Knights remained unmoved,
And the innocent King stalemated,
Helplessly watching the ill-luck of the game.
                                                      The versatility of my Queen,
Failed to follow the two and half moves,
Of the opponent’s crooked Knights.

 I am not shattered losing a single encounter,
A battle does not decide the fate of a war,
 When my rival is tough, I know how to play tougher,
With all my prudence, I will defend my Queen dear,
Will bounce back with more refined firepower,
I won’t let my Queen go down to anyone, for a wily move either.





1 comment:

  1. Life itself is a game on board, sir...and the queen is not the only instrument to win a game or the game of life. It is a collective effort, my friend.... A pawn on the right place and with equal prudence, can checkmate the king. Nothing is as important as the soul...that is the king. Means always justify the end.Beutiful poem with imagery and it is the Poet who superimposes on lot if things at a time. Congrats for brilliant idea and words..

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...