Monday 9 January 2017

The scarlet attire

After hours of wait,
On the stipulated time of your regular arrival,
I heard a knock at the door.

A current passed through the cord of my brain,
Reached the heart and speed up its vibration.
My eyes sparked, lips widen baring my teeth,
With anticipation.

I rushed impatiently towards the door,
Buttoning my shirt with one hand,
Caressing my head with the other.

My mind's eye visualized,
 Through the opaque wooden door,
An ever-smiling pretty face,
 In her scarlet star-studded attire,
Ruby painted lips and rocking earrings
Shaking her head,
With a bunch of rose in her hands.

I flash opened the door,
That hit hard on my face,
Causing bleeding from my mouth,
Blinding my vision for a split second.

There was none outside,
I stood shocked, holding the door.

A blast of air rushed into my room,
Scattering the papers on the floor,
In which I wrote poems for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...