Tuesday 3 January 2017

THE GANGES

Ever since, I originate from among the uneven rocks,
Flow through the bushy terrains and serpentine tracks,
Wet and wash your shore with my pious water,
Have you ever seen sordidness of my own in me?

                                  Dust and dart people flush out mindlessly on me,
Dishonoring my worth, polluting my entity,
What else should I expect from those brainless beings,
Who live selfishly at whims, disturbing and distorting others?

Mutely I tolerate their stupid activities,
Move on flowing with the goal in my soul,
To keep everyone clean, sacred and blessed,
And gradually I become murky bearing their sins.

You were my worshiper, believer and follower,
At least you should have trusted my pious nature.
You should have seen my soul, my purpose,
Trust the divinity in me and ignore such filthy matters.

However, the Ganges will remain the Ganges in all circumstances,
A pure, pious, honest, divine and humanitarian flow.
You trust her or otherwise, she will continue to flow for you,
You love or hate her, respect her or desert her, as you prefer.


1 comment:

  1. Nice use of metaphor,beautiful concept and beautiful lines.

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...