Friday 19 July 2019

At times I smile, at times I cry, 1

At times I smile, at times I cry,
Do you know why?

People spend all their life,
Use all their intelligence,
To pile wealth,
By hook or by crook.

This is not just about you or me,
So far as money is concern,
We all are on one boat,
Everybody is of the same religion.

Gradually he becomes proud,
For whatsoever he piled,
"Hmm, I have this, I have that,
I am an important man."

Then comes the day,
His children,
For who we use to say he did,
Such deeds and misdeeds,
Fly away, build their nest,
On a branch of a far off tree.
Certainly, he becomes happy,
Seeing them live happily.

Then comes old age, ailments,
And the series of medication,
Baskets of medicine begins.

The once, "Hmm I have this, I have that,"
Becomes sad, restless,
Begins visiting religious places,
His dawn and dusk passes in shrines,
Time passes with the mercy of the society.

I wonder does he know this day,
When it was his heyday?
I smile, yes he knows,
I cry, he didn't bother
To respect the Almighty,
When he was in his heyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...