Monday 23 October 2017

DIWALI 1

You can decorate my courtyard,
                        With as many lamps as you please.
But you cannot illuminate
             The deep gloom of my soul with their bliss.

From these tiny lamps,
                              You wish to brighten my mind,
How innocent of you; you insist
                                The fireflies to lighten a world.

 Mercifully, you wish me to bathe
                                 In the lights for a brief period,
Smile heartily coming out of the grave
                                        Of sorrow for that period.

I do not wish to smile temporarily
                   While I know that sorrow is my fortune,
  No fleeing from my permanent ally            
                          As I do not trust in fleeting relations.

There is a moon in the heaven
                                        That can cure my affliction,
But she forgot the path of my sky
                              Once she dipped into the horizon.

The full moon night, the moonbeams,
                                  Will certainly come for others,
But the new moon had decided
                                            To reign over my sector.

Whatsoever she had given me
                                Even if it is tears, it is my heaven,
And I do not wish to come
                              Out of the spell of her adoration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...