Monday 23 October 2017

DIWALI

Isolation made me a habitant of the deepest part of the gloomy ocean,
And my soul trembles in the thought of lights and celebration.

My acquaintance with the gloom is so intense,
That the light pinches my eyes and irritates my senses.

The spark of love that struck my heart on the Diwali last year,
Is burning me in the shape of a terrible fire after your departure.   

Knowing well the pain of burning why should I set fire,
To the innocent earthen lamps just for the sake of my pleasure?

Moreover, these artificial lights are incapable instruments,
 To remove the darkness of separation that covered my heart.

I fear, on the contrary, these messengers of celebration,
Will add fuel to the fire and aggravate my already grave condition.

Hence Folks, this year there will be no Diwali at my residence,
 As my dejected heart will be more comfortable in the darkness.

1 comment:

  1. makes the heart feel heavy in commiseration with your plight!

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...