Saturday 28 October 2017

YOU FORGET, I REMEMBER

You forget, I remember,
That secluded bank of the river,
That romantic moonlit evening hour,
When we meet first time ever,
I was a bit nervous and more eager,
Out of anxiety, your fringe was floating wildly in the air.

How can I forget?
The melody of a cuckoo from the branches of a mango tree,
The howling of a jackal from the nearby shrubbery,
The story of your snuggling me up in nervousness,
And my mutely thanking the heaven for all those.

How have you forgotten?
The first kiss on your cheeks that I had given,
Pretending to show you the moon
The blush on your face as a reaction,
Your pinching on my head as a display of your fake irritation,
That romantic scene that followed of annoyance and persuasion.

I will never forget this sweet story of my life,
As this memory is the fulcrum of my life.

1 comment:

  1. How beautifully your mind plays with words, how easily it expresses the deepest of sentiments

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...