Saturday 4 November 2017

A BAR-DANCER

I once approached a  bar-dancer,
Told her "let us chant the Bhagawat Geeta together,
Discuss the depth of friendship between Krishna and Arjuna
Become friends like them, walk on their traditions.
Dip at the Ganges, wander in the Brindaban
Perform meditation,
Realize divinity,
Practice sanctity".

Do you know what she replied?
How furiously she reacted?
"I am a youngster, a pursuer of pleasure,
I like the floating lights of the bar,
Flying colors of the pot-house
Intoxicated and dreamy eyes
The music of jingling anklets is so sweet there,
I like to see the overflowing liqueur
Love to dance with people all night,
Under the attractive neon light
Do not interfere in my life, my ways, you seducer.
Why should I wander with a monotonous creature?"

I went away annoyed,
Her mindset cannot be changed,
Actually, I was a stupid,
I expected divinity from an unprincipled.


1 comment:

  1. Diamonds were once coal
    oil was once livings things
    Who knows where divinity lays

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...