Thursday 2 November 2017

I WILL KEEP MY PROMISE

I promised
To keep you in the golden casket of my heart,
Worship you until my heart vibrates,
My brush will paint only your portrait,
My chord will sing rhymes only in your glory,
I will always share with you unadulterated truth,
Be it bitter be it sour
I will never desert you,
Not even in my dreams,
You will remain my choice,
Between you and my existence.

Now you are appealing me to go away from you,
You wish me to break the promises I made to you.
Tell me how,
How can I breach my words?

I belong to that soil where a son went into exile,
For fourteen years
To respect the promises made by his father.
I inherited that culture in which a warrior,
Donated his lifesaver breastplate,
To keep his words.
I belong to that race in which a king,
Became caretaker of a crematorium,
Sold his wife, son to respect a promise.

For me truth is significant,
You and I are insignificant,
Loving and living in truth is life for me,
Loitering in untruth is death.
If you feel, I am a misfit in your world
Of flirtatious and fakers,
Then kill me if you can,
But do not tell me to break my promise.



Lord Sri Rama went into exile to fulfill the promises his father made to the queen.  Karna, the first Pandav donated his lifesaver breastplate in order to fulfill a promise.  The honest king Harishchandra sold his wife and son; became caretaker of a crematorium to repay the amount he had promised to a saint.

1 comment:

  1. You are a man of great valour and high ethics. Love and faith need both!
    i am proud to call you friend
    i hope to shine under your tutelage

    it is your good fortune to have been allowed to walk that path.
    HIS favour rests upon you
    give thanks, praise HIM in all things.


    I try to remember not to make promises; as I am constantly surprised by what life has in store, they seldom work out if i do. I'd rather just live by HIS will. to do what i can for who i can, when i can.


    what horrid things, we as people do, on behalf of an unjust economic system

    forgive debts, consider it a tithe. most loans come from excess funds. for you cannot give, what you do not have.
    money is a liquid asset, it needs to flow to remain healthy and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...