Friday 25 May 2018

YOU COME HOME MY CHILD


 My preparations begin,
From the moment I get to know,
 That you are coming home.
Unnoticed my daily routine changes,
And you become its integral part,
Even in your absence.

From that day,
Whatsoever I do, wherever I go,
My eyes search things of your choice.  
I plan very minutely the menu,
Buy the requisite ingredients
So that I could prepare,
Foodstuffs of your delight
During the period of your stay.
In the storehouse of my memory,
I keep a record of shops and malls,
I would like to accompany you,
To buy dress materials for you.

Even though, we talk on the phone regularly,
 See each other on video call at will,
But a conversation with eye contact,
 Taking tea the whole family together,
Or sharing dishes at the dinner table,
Are altogether matters of great pleasure.

 The celebrations begin,
 Without any festive occasion,
The moment you come home,
I sleep late, wish to hear your voice,
All throughout the night of your arrival.
My vibe, pulse, ears, eyes stay focused,
On your smile, your eyes your words.

 I tell you everything,
But one thing I never say,
One truth I never disclose.
From the moment of your arrival,
My affectionate heart,
 Begins to count the days left,
For your departure,
And that makes me sad.

 It seems as if,
The wheel of time moves faster,
During the period of your stay.
 My excitements end,
The moment you leave,
To begin with your next arrival.

1 comment:

  1. the love of a parent for child

    you hold your heart bare for the world to see!

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...