Saturday 10 February 2018

THE FLUTE OF LOVE


Months, seasons, years passed on,
Like the floating clouds over head,
I went on blowing for you the flute of love,
Continuously, with my eyes closed, focused.

One day, after a long period of playing,
Out of deep yearning and passion
I raised my eyes and looked around,
I didn’t see your pretty face in any direction.

The soil slide away from under my feet,
The sky blasted with full force on my head,
It was hard to believe on my part,
That I was singing on a deserted island.

I shouted out a few questions,
Did you trace a duplicity in my tone?
Was I out of the rhythm anywhere?
Otherwise, tell me why are you gone?

My questions echoed back in my ears,
I did not ever get to know the truth,
Still, I began blowing the flute for you as earlier,

On that isolated and uninhabited piece of earth.

2 comments:

  1. so lovely, it tears at the heartstrings of one's soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. divine

    the ache of yearning heavy upon the page, painting a beautifully stoic love

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...