Friday 9 February 2018

YOU COME BUT IN DREAMS


Without a blink in my eyes,
I wait you throughout the day,
Without seeing you, they become wet,
And drowsy at the approach of night.
Sleep rescues me of my torturous wait,
 And painful disappointment.

Then you come but in dreams,
Give charming smile to cheer up my bosom,
Beg pardon for the day-long absence,
Promise me to not to have a recurrence.

Not long an annoyance can stay in a lover’s heart,
Ultimately, I succumb to your coaxing efforts.

Then begins the same old peacock dance,
The much awaited exciting romance,
Till the approach of undesirable dawn,
Till my sleep breaks and eyes open,
To throw me into another daylong endless wait,
And an assurance of your dream advent.

Should I say in comparison to you,
 Your dreams are more honest?

1 comment:

  1. Familiar. these words have been etched upon the heart. undeniable truths.

    You believe she shares a love for you, that she fears to show the world. and in your dream she freely loves you.

    ReplyDelete

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...