Saturday 9 September 2017

THROW ME AWAY


I am an antique artifact,
That you once bought from the market,
With keen interest and affection,
Kept me carefully on your shelf,
In your drawing room.

Every morning,
You care to clean dust out of my surface,
Gently with your velvety fingers,
Affectionately kiss my face,
Feel proud of my presence,
At your place.

That day, in some careless moment,
I tumbled out of your hands,
Crumbled into pieces,
With me your heart collapsed,
Tears flood down your eyes.

You cuddle my fragments,
Assembled them with glue,
Put me back on your rack,
With that much care and affection
As earlier.

Now, every time you see me,
You notice my cracks,
Your face turns pale,
The eyes that glitter with delight earlier,
Turns gloom with sorrow.

It hurts me,
I feel shy about your sorrow,
Why so much attachment with an artifact?
It’s not convincing,
It does not befit your Excellency,

It’s inauspicious
To keep a broken artifact at home,
Send me to the place a waste most deserve,
Throw me out of the window,
Into the gutter,
Forget about my presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...