Wednesday 6 September 2017

TEACHER’S DAY

This day in this advanced age,
When I look back into my days at the school,
Analyze your words, advice, actions,
My reactions and valuations of them then,
I realize the truths of your words,
Understand the gravity of your advice,
Feel the justifications of your actions.

My parents gave me life,
Then you descend as an angel in it,
Polish it with your affectionate wisdom,
Shape up the raw mud into an artifact.
You fill up the blank disc of my brain with facts,
Pour character and quality into it,
Carry out honestly the responsibilities,
Those the society entrusted to you.

Today,
I reap the rewards, of the lines I had accepted,
Paid the penalty, for those that I had ignored.
Life takes huge fees of experiences,
To teach the right things,
To show the right ways,
Those you taught in my school days,
Those you showed me decades ago,
Without demanding a return.

How much I give you
For all those I took from you,
Just this much tribute,
Just a few humble words,
And a hearty salute,
On this teacher’s day,
To you, my teachers
And all teachers on the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ

https://youtu.be/38dYVTrV964 ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ, ଲୋ ସଙ୍ଗିନୀ ଆଜି ପରା ରଥ ଯାତ  ବଡ ଦାଣ୍ଡ ଆଜି ଦିବ୍ୟ ବୈକୁଣ୍ଠ ଲୋ  ରଥେ ବିଜେ ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ।  ଏ ଲୀଳାକୁ ଦ...